Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Everyday wreath w/ a purpose

Thanks to Dara Marie over at the blog Teach. Craft. Blog., I was inspired to make this new wreath for our front door.  I absolutely fell in love with this one that she made, and knew I had to make something similar to spruce up our very ugly in need of a paint job front door.  It only took me a couple hours to put it together, and I love it.  Dara attached her flowers and numbers to wreath with hot glue, but I have a hard time committing to home decor so I wanted to make sure I could remove the numbers and flowers if I were needing a quick change, so I hot glued wire to all flowers and numbers so I could attach them to the wreath and just as easily take them off.  I love that this wreath serves a purpose beyond being pretty to look at.  Have you ever noticed that some house numbers are so stinking hard to locate on a house?  Yeah, ours our gold and blend into the stucco, so I like that the house numbers on my wreath are visible for all to see.

I made this wreath for $12!  I got all the supplies I needed at Michaels.  The wreath was on clearance for $2.50.  The flowers were 50% off, so paid $1.50 for each, and the numbers were on clearance for .79 each.  Not bad for a custom wreath I'd say.  I can't wait to change this up with the different seasons and holidays.

Questions?  Email me.

2 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

Oh yeah !!!! That is really cute!!
I've been getting some things at Michael's lately too cuz of the big 50% sale they are having!!
I love your wreath! SOOOOOOO CUTE!!

Vernie and Tony said...

Thanks so much for making one for me! I love it and Tony does too! He made sure I got a wreath hanger so I know he likes it!!
Thanks again!